Short Adventure in Pudu

4 Comments
It was a lazy Sunday that I kicked myself out of bed because I knew I needed to satisfy the itch of my fingers for some shutter action. I loaded the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II into the bag along with some small prime lenses, the M.Zuiko 25mm F1.8, 45mm F1.8, and of course the newest addition the Panasonic 14mm F2.5 pancake lens. I did not exactly have anything planned out in mind, no specific objectives, but I knew if I went out even just for a short stroll I will come across some interesting moments and subjects on the street that will be worth shooting. The trick is just to get out and start observing, the photography opportunities will manifest. After all, it was a Sunday, so I was keeping things slow for the day.

I finally ended up at Pudu wet market, but explored the streets around the main market. It did not took long for interesting moments to appear. Lighting was glorious for the morning, intense directional sun light, and the sky was clear, creating bold and high in contrast image output. I think it was an hour and a half quick walk, I have gathered some images, and I thought I should call it a day. Solo photowalks are always faster and more efficient, as I got to go to the locations that I wanted and less waiting around.

Portrait of a Stranger 
Saw this dude waiting outside the staircase entrance and thought the bold red shirt he was wearing matched the blue painted walls on the back nicely. He was friendly too and we had a little chat. 



Baby On the Move 
Saw this awesome sunspots spread over the area and I thought would make a good background for a street subject. By luck a lady carrying her baby, with umbrella and clothing having matching colors walked by. 

Getting Off
Like what I have shared previously on how to create street drama, what goes up must come down. I saw the lady inside the truck and I knew she would be coming out of the truck soon. So I waited for a while and got this shot. 

Toy Shops Are Colorful
I like the unevenness in this image, as the strong morning sun casted strong highlights and shadows in the image. I waited for a person wearing bold color clothing to step into the frame and the man in yellow was just the perfect candidate to fit the frame. 

Fly
Can't have too many photos of birds, and I never get bored of shooting flying birds. 

Flower Man
Followed this man around for a bit from behind and captured this shot. I do not normally shoot people from behind, but I think it works for this one shot. I like that there is another man greeting this guy from the motorcycle. 

Fruit Seller

Safety First

Uniform

Red vs Blue
There is just something about red and blue combination that works. Many country flags have dominant red and blue colors, many superheroes as well. 

Once Upon A Miao 2
Bought a new book, launched recently, authored by a friend from my hometown Kuching. 

I notice that I am sharing less and less photographs from my shutter therapy sessions. I also did not shoot that many images in a single session in comparison to what I did 2-3 years ago. I believe that quality is more important than quantity, and I have become more and more selective of what I shoot on the street. Also, from the pool of images that went into the memory card, I administered a tighter curation process, and show only the images that I wanted to share. 

How is your shutter therapy going lately? Do tell! I want to hear your stories. 

Please support this blog by liking my Facebook Page here (click). 



4 comments:

  1. I agree, less but better shots over time? It's your blog, your choice of what you post.
    I do like the brief (photographic) comments which I find helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your pictures are truly relaxing, it reminds me of those nice weekends... even though it is in the middle of the week... I feel energized...
    The Auntie climbing the truck have some upper body strength, if I do that I will have cramps...
    I see you employ more shadows in this blog... you are venturing to the Dark side of the force :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the "Safety first" is really a great spot.... OMG OMG OMG...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, your 'Baby on the move' picture is the star attraction of this blog. It's an utterly mesmerising picture, such harmony of shapes and colours, well done for capturing the moment.

    ReplyDelete